Easter at Desert Cities Baptist Church
The Coachella Valley is home to some of the most spectacular sunrises in California and our church campus is located in a perfect spot, with scenic views of the valley below! Come join us, as we worship the risen Savior through song and allow your heart to be stirred, by the Resurrection Story. Jesus paid the ultimate price for each us and His resurrection proved once and for all that He is God and that we can trust Him! We hope to see you for this memorable event.
- 7:30AM sounds early? Sunrise happens around 5:30AM - now that's early! We chose 7:30AM because we found that many other Sunrise Services begin across the Coachella Valley at that time. We have recieved a lot of feedback from our Community, asking that we host a Sunrise Service around this time. Hopefully you will be able to join us!
- What if its cold outside? We will be prepared, in the event that we have cold weather. Our large patio is comes well equipped for that. If its chilly, we have multiple patio heaters available, just in case, to keep you comfortable.
- Refreshments? No need to stop at a coffee shop before you arrive. We will have a coffee station and donuts available for everyone to enjoy! Come a few minutes early and get to know someone new from your Community.
- What should I bring? Bring an open heart and a friend! Other than that, we got you covered. If you will need it, we will do our best to provide it.
- Will you take an Offering? There will not be an offering during the Sunrise Service. You have not been invited because of what you have or don't have. We only desire that what happens during the Sunrise Service casues you to have a deeper appreciation for what Christ did for you! Of course, we cannot stop anyone from desiring to give if they feel led to give. If you would like to donate to the Sunrise Service you can donate on our website. If you would like to give in person, offering envelopes are available in the main lobby if needed.
The Easter Service, at 10AM, is the highlight of Easter Sunday! Many people, from across the Coachella Valley, have enjoyed this service greatly, throughout the years. We know your heart will be stirred & encouraged by the Christ centered worship you hear and your heart will be challenged by the teaching and preaching of Pastor Reedman! Everyone involved in the Easter Musical is looking forward to seeing your family. If you have any questions or would like to help with the Musical in any way, please contact the church office: 760-346-7788
- What if, this is my first time? That's great! Everyone at our church, recently experienced their first time, to our church, as well. Since our church family is only about 5 years old, many of the people you will meet, are new too. Everyone is really friendly and we will even have a small gift bag waiting for you, when you arrive. All first time guests will have special parking, close to our front lobby. These spots will fill up fast. A transportation cart will be searching for you, if you have to park to far away.
- Do you have a dress code? Yes - wear clothes! God loves each of us just how we are. You are welcome to the services in whatever you have.
- Will there be childcare during the service? We have classes for children of all ages, every Sunday. However, during the Easter Service, we try to keep all children, age 7 - High School, in our service, so they too can be impacted by what Jesus did for them. We will have a special class for all children 6 and under that will focus on what Jesus did for them, on their level.
- What if I don't believe what you believe about Jesus? That's a perfect reason to come to the Easter Service. Its not our job to change your mind, its our job to present Jesus and what He did for you and let you decide for yourself. We will explain who Jesus is, using the Bible as our guide. Regardless of what you believe, we welcome you to the Easter Service. Please remember to be respectful of the others around you that may or may not share your particular views.
Each year, children from across the Coachella Valley, join us for an epic Egg Hunt! By all accounts, this year is shaping up to be the best hunt yet! With over 100 Dozen colorful eggs to hunt for, each child is bound to have a great time with their family and friends. Kids of all ages, will have an equal opportunity to find a ($50) Grand Prize Egg as well. We will have many other prize eggs to hunt for, just in case. Our Church family is looking forward to seeing your family at this memorable event.
- Easter bags will be provided for each child. We do encourage families to bring their own personal Easter baskets or bags, if they choose to.
- Bring your Camera! Don't miss this opportunity to snap a few pictures of your kids having a great time.
- What's inside the Eggs? The eggs are filled by our church families or purchased pre-filled. We will not put chocolate in the eggs. Each egg has sealed, professionally wrapped candy inside!
- Age Limit? There is no age limit for the Egg Hunt. Although, careful attention should be paid to any child under the age of 5 years old. There will be plenty of children 3, 4, and 5 years old participating, so don't worry!
- Can I Help?We appreciate everyone that is willing to help during these events. If you would like to help donate to the Egg Hunt or would like to help in some other way, please call the church office: 760-346-7788